Minutes

Grand Lake HOA Meeting Minutes – 06/20/2022

Call to order
Teddy(President) Called the meeting to order at 1835

Acceptance of last meeting minutes
Accepted and Posted

Vice President Report on committees

  • Pool: No current updates
  • Social: No current updates
  • Landscaping: 
    • Lake lawn care to cover community property; 
    • Aqua Services is scheduled; Date to identify watercraft;
    • Board to put out a notice regarding watercraft in the common area; 
      • Put house numbers on watercraft
      • August 12th deadline to mark and cleanup watercraft
      • After the deadline board will look at removing any watercraft in violation.
      • Include reminders about the deadline in the newsletter.
      • All personal property is kept off the common area unless in use; 
    • Sprinklers are currently turned off for common areas and clubhouse and repairs are costly.
      • The board approved a $150 repair for the flowerbeds. The other systems will remain off.
    • The seawall is in disrepair but the repairs will be very extensive and costly. Currently, the solution is to add signage about the danger of the seawall.
  • ARC: 
    • Problems with Elite. They are not engaging with ARC on issues.
  • Finance: No current Updates
  • Clubhouse: No current Updates

Treasurer report
Net Income 15236.87
Cash 20444.45
Money Market 17247.59

Residents coming to board meeting:

  • Doug & Crystal Santana

New Business:

  • Clubhouse painting quote update
  • 15224 Lakeside Trail – Driveway extension that was done
    • Get new Arc request to cover addition to plan
  • Discussion clubhouse rules sent by Jason Shaw
  • Discuss current pool rules and needing to update
  • ARC committee requested time with the board:
  • Update on Major Arc Violations
  • Update on lake/entrance signage
    • Three signs for the lake access
  • June ARC meeting with Elite
  • Pool Committee Members asking people to provide a name and address has upset some residents. 
    • We are meeting with pool committee members to fully understand the situation and will draft a response once we have better knowledge of the incident.
  • Playground committee formation update
  • Key fob system to Elite update
    • New Reservation Contact is in the system and handling clubhouse rentals
    • New key fobs ordered from amazon
  • Pool emergency exit update
    • Quote for access control emergency pool exit, Approved
  • Adjourn

Grand Lake HOA Meeting Minutes – 05/16/2022

  •  Call to order
    • HOA Communication Chair, Teddy Schell, called to order the March monthly meeting of the Grand Lake HOA Board at 1835pm on 05/16/2022 at the Community Clubhouse.
  • Roll call
    • The following were present 
    • Board: Teddy Schell(Via Phone), Jason Sowash, Sam Hilson, and Ela Perry 
    • Committee representative present: Finance, Social 
    • Residents: Kathy Hilson
  • Approval of minutes from the last meeting
    • Approved by email and posted to our website
  • Vice President Report on committees
  • Updates from committee
    • Pool
      • Does new liner repair expense affect the furniture budget? No
      • The pool committee presented the Pool Furniture proposal
      • Clubhouse rental policy, versus access to the pool and how it conflicts with pool visitor policy
        • 4 guest policy.
        • We will develop rules that must be signed with a rental that will make this policy clear.
      • Vandalism from Sunday, May 15th.
        • Reviewed Camera footage, was not vandalism, the plaque was broken by a small kid who jumped on it. 
    • Social:
      • June 17th Trivia night 7
      • Book club, Every 4th Monday at 7
      • We need receipts from social
    • Landscaping: Planting of flowers
      • We want to recognize the flowers being planted. They are very nice.
      • The Sea wall is leaning and damaged in places.
      • We are going to start getting quotes and evaluating the sea wall and may have to access those repairs on the 2023 dues.
      • Still having issues with the irrigation system
      • We discussed the signage for the lake. ARC will be getting with elite about signs
    • ARC: 
      • Meeting with Elite every month (1 st Tuesday of each month)
      • Sam will add a section on the website for pond rules
    • Finance:
      • We are asking if Elite can not send billing if paid in full and for a digital invoice option.
  • Treasurer report
    • net income $4,833
    • cash $26,800,  savings $17,244
  • Residents coming to board meeting:
    • Kathy Hilson
  • Resident time
    • Kathy Hilson proposed that the board consider replacing the playground equipment because the ship is attracting negative attention and the inside is being used as a hangout for smoking, is always trashed, and is full of graffiti.
    • We are going to get a quote and possibly set up a playground committee.
  • New Business:
    • Plumbing for pool vs. clubhouse painting quotes (Kara update in email)
      • Still getting painting quotes
    • Update/Discussion on Homes out of Compliance
      • Cease and Desist was served for ARC violation
      • Waiting for ARC request. Currently not received.
    • Pool swim lessons (Kara update in email)
      • Not currently an issue but it was discussed to make sure people are aware. This could be stopped if it becomes a problem
    • Looking at videos for pool vandalism
      • Replacing damaged decals
      • Pool lock replaced on the back gate
      • Kids from outside of the neighborhood are being let in without a homeowner as their host and are not following the rules which is causing the community to be upset. 
      • We can reach out to the neighborhood police officer for help with kids that are trespassing. 
      • Actual guests that are behaving are not the problem.
      • Homeowners are responsible for the behavior of their guests.
    • Key fob discussion
      • $25 for Replacement, or Extra
      • Renters must get keyfobs from home management
      • To pay can we set up a quick way to take payments such as venmo with Elite.
        • Elite said the preferred method is to contact them and have the fee added to billing through app portal.
    • Pool Gate compliance
      • The current pool gate does not have an emergency exist and we think this is a safety violation. 
      • We are contacting Elite to obtain a quote on addressing the possible safety violation.
    • Communication Updates
      • Email Migration complete, we will no longer be using personal emails.
      • Sam will send a directory.
      • Community Calander needs input from social
    • Information was shared about accessing the land trust behind the neighborhood.
  • Adjournment
    • HOA VP, Teddy Schell, adjourned the meeting at 2015pm.
    • Minutes submitted by:  Samuel Hilson
    • Minutes approved by:  Email 

Grand Lake HOA Meeting Minutes – 04/18/2022

Call to Order

  • HOA President, Teddy Schell called to order the April monthly meeting of the Grand Lake HOA board at 1830 on 04/18/2002 at the Community Clubhouse.

Roll Call (The following were present):

  • Board Members: Teddy Schell, Jason Sowash, Ela Perry, Steven Lowder, Samuel Hilson
  • Committee representatives: N/A (not recorded)
  • Residents: N/A

Pool

  • Pool Budget discussed
  • Vynil and Aluminium options
  • Updated pool fill line request
  • Pool furnishings need to be put away

Social

  • Event discussed
  • Christmas decorations
  • Cleaning service on a schedule
  • Need Elite to open the schedule for the clubhouse
  • Jason to write up guidelines

Landscaping 

  • Putting flowers in
  • Starting mowing
  • Arc met with elite
  • Elite will be looking at common areas:
    • Will not fine for weeds in common areas
    • Items in common areas will be cited
    • Items in the backyard not allowed will be cited

Treasury report

  • Handling delinquent memberships
  • comparative for the quarter is still in progress
  • net income $4,833
  • board members were given access to the full report
  • cash $25,947,  savings $17,199

Miscellaneous updates

  • Ionas hosting accounts subscription fully canceled
  • The board members’ responsibilities were gone over again
  • $1200 quote for painting clubhouse put higher priority over pool work quotes
  • Discussion of car speed, speed bumps, and potential digital speed tracker sign offered by the city but no place to currently put it
  • Communication to be sent out about trimming all landscaping that blocks sidewalks

Adjournment

  • HOA President, Teddy Schell, adjourned the meeting (time not recorded)
  • Minutes submitted by: Steven Lowder
  • Minutes approved by: Email

Grand Lake HOA Meeting Minutes – 03/21/2022

  • Call to order
    • HOA Communication Chair, Jason Sowash, called to order the March monthly meeting of the Grand Lake HOA Board at 1842pm on 03/21/2022 at the Community Clubhouse.
  • Roll call
    • The following were present 
    • Board: Jason Sowash, Sam Hilson and Ela Perry 
    • Committee representative present: Finance, Social 
    • Residents: N/A
  • Approval of minutes from last meeting
    • Board members discussed and were not sure if approval of last meeting minutes had been done. 
  • Open issues & board reports
    1. Treasurer report: checking – $16,471. 00; Savings – $17,200.39.
    2. Communication report: No residents present to discuss issues. 
  • New business
    1. Discussed new board position allocation and roles and responsibilities. Roles are as follows:
      • President – Teddy Schell
      • VP – Jason Sowash
      • Secretary – Steven Lowder
      • Treasurer – Ela Perry
      • Communication – Sam Hilson
    2. Finance committee is requesting that Elite start sending quarterly statements electronically. VP to send email to Elite to discuss process. 
    3. VP to ask Elite to send App Folio access to new board members
    4. General discussion about pool furniture. Nothing voted on.
    5. Reviewed water leaks out and inside clubhouse. All repairs have been completed. 
    6. Discussed $1,850 quote to run water line to pool with auto refill. Will reduce utilities cost. Board would like to get quote for repainting of clubhouse and compare them to decide which we can put in the budget for 2022 and the other to push to 2023. VP to send email to Elite asking for quotes. 
    7. Communication discussed new Email host and server at reduced cost. Will continue to gather information and prepare for migration.
    8. Discussed lien on resident home due to multiple years of not paying dues, fines and late fees. Treasurer is collecting more data. Asking for legal guidance from Elite. Will follow up with board then formal communication will be drafted and sent to homeowner. 
  • Adjournment
    • HOA VP, Jason Sowash, adjourned the meeting at 2015pm.
    • Minutes submitted by:  Jason Sowash
    • Minutes approved by:  Email 

Grand Lake HOA Meeting Minutes – 10/18/2021

  • Call to order
    • HOA Communication Chair, Jason Sowash, called to order the October monthly meeting of the Grand Lake HOA Board at 1832pm on 10/18/2021 at the Community Clubhouse.
  • Roll call
    • The following were present
    • Board: Jason Sowash, Kyle Hamlin, Ela Perry, Cody Jackson (Interim) and Roland LaFlamme
    • Committee members: Jason Shaw (clubhouse), Rebekah Shaw (social), Cora Casey & Toni Bridges (landscaping) and Mark Casey (ARC)
    • Residents: Sam Hilson as IT advisor to the board
  • Approval of minutes from last meeting
    • Board members discussed and were not sure if approval of last meeting minutes had been done.
  • Open issues & board reports
    • Vice President provided updates/report on committees.
    • Treasurer report: For the year net loss of $293.48; $12,000 in pre-paid dues; checking – $27,325.44 (includes pre-pays); Savings – $17,224.64. All committee 2022 budgets need to be submitted by Nov. 15, 2021 board meeting. Cora Casey and Toni Bridges from Landscaping committee discussed their 2022 budget requests.
    • Communication report: Introduced Cody Jackson as Interim board member. President, Roland LaFlamme, provided update on timeline for him leaving the board. Sam Hilson provided update on website. Discussed key fob system and now having remote access
  • New business
    • Annual bid follow/up: Jason Sowash to email Elite about water issue on side of clubhouse. Jason Sowash to email Elite about more cleaning quotes. Kyle Hamlin to get HOA management quotes. Jason Sowash to email Pool Chair, Kara, to get annual quotes and 2022 budget. Jason Sowash to email Elite about pool gate repair.
    • Communication Chair, Jason Sowash, to connect Secretary, Steve Larson, and Sam Hilson for purposes of posting minutes to website.
    • Roles and responsibilities: Board had discussion around current roles and responsibilities of board members. Communication, Jason Sowash, will revise based on conversation and send out to board members for approval.
    • Discussed covenant changes and process for them. Need to get Secretary, Steve Larson, input.
    • Sam Hilson to look at cloud based dropbox for document storage that Elite currently holds.
    • Board discussed quotes from Elite re: parking lot stripping. Board would like to review actual quotes sent before voting. Communication, Jason Sowash, to email Elite for request. Vote set for Nov2021 board meeting.
    • Communication, Jason Sowash, to email Elite about shopping out insurance.
    • Board had general discussion about committee chairs terms and possible elections for positions. No vote performed. Pushing further discussion until next board meeting.
    • Communication, Jason Sowash, to email Elite to ask about any pending ARC requests
  • Adjournment
    • HOA President, Roland LaFlamme, adjourned the meeting at 2050pm.
    • Minutes submitted by: Jason Sowash
    • Minutes approved by: Email